Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vegan Cheeseburger Mac

I think I've posted this recipe before, but I made a few changes today. OK, so really I just didn't pull out the recipe and I made it from memory which made some changes.

Ingredients:
1 (12 oz) package of "Smart Ground" by LightLife (You could use any ground "meat" alternative)
1/2 of a 1 pound box of macaroni
15 oz of stewed tomatoes (pureed)
1 batch of cheeze sauce

Method:
Put "meat", tomatoes, and pasta in a skillet and simmer. While it's cooking, fix the cheeze sauce.
When the cheeze sauce is finished, add it to the skillet. Simmer until the pasta is cooked the way you like it.

NOTE:
I know a lot of vegans don't like prepackaged foods. I know a lot of vegans don't like fake meats. I understand where you're coming from. They're not really my favorite things either. With that said, my husband, who is a meat and potatoes guy, will actually eat this vegan meal. He likes it. He prefers it to Hamburger Helper (which used to be a staple for him). I would rather my family eat processed vegan "meat" then actual hamburger. If you don't like to use the vegan meat alternatives, you could use homemade seitan. I have a meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid and someday I'm going to try to make some seitan and grind it. I'll let you know how it turns out. :-)

Happy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I'm not a huge pre-packaged guy, either... but sometimes it works in a pinch.

    The seitan through the meat grinder! HEVER thought of that! I wonder how it would work? It might re-bind... but might be great!!!

    Thanks for the post... love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - 1 more thing - where do you get cheeze sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my cheeze sauce. I'll post the recipe again.

    ReplyDelete