Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seitan and Dumplings

It's our weekend without munchkin (my parents are watching her) so we fixed a "nice" dinner. A few weeks ago I made a big batch of seitan and froze it so today I pulled it out of the freezer and made dumplings with it. It's nothing difficult.

Ingredients:
Seitan w/cooking liquid - I used the recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance, but you use store bought seitan and add veggie broth or mushroom stock (if using veggie broth add some soy sauce)
Bisquick heart smart
3 TBSP soy milk

Method:
Simmer the seitan in liquid
Mix the Bisquick and soy milk
Drop dough into seitan and simmer until cooked
Serve with mashed potatoes (or whatever you want, we really like it with mashed potatoes)

Tonight we also had peanut butter apple pie. It was a new creation and still needs some work, but as I said when I tried it "oh my crap!" It was gooooood. I'll get a recipe up sometime. I need to get the proportions right before I post it. Look forward to amazingness.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment