Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meditation and Musings

So, ever day for the last 2 weeks I've gotten up and meditated. It's the first thing I do in the morning. Before I get out of bed (OK, so sometimes I get up to go potty, but you know what I mean) I meditate for 10-20 minutes (depending on the day). I've noticed huge changes in my mood, my attitude and my outlook on life in general. This morning, munchkin and I were meeting a good friend for breakfast at Bob Evan's, which is 15-20 mins from our house, at 9:00am. No big deal because munchkin has been waking up at 7:30 so we should have plenty of time and there's no need to set an alarm...at least that's what I thought. I open my eyes this morning at 8:34am. Holy crap! We have to leave in 11 minutes and neither of us are up! I jumped out of bed, got dressed, got munchkin up and dressed, and got in the car. (We made it to Bob Evan's at 9:02) I didn't, in the rush and craziness of getting ready in 11 minutes stop and meditate and I've felt it ALL day long! I've been snappy and grouchy. My stomach's been upset, my mind's been in over drive. It's just been one of those days. I'm glad the day is almost over. I'm also glad that I got a chance to experience a day without meditation. Not because it was so wonderful, but because it has really helped me see just how helpful it has been in my life! Even my hubby noticed the difference. I know this doesn't have anything to do with food, but it's a part of my life and I thought you might want to know, if only so that you might try meditation and/or are encouraged to continue if you just started. If you're interested in learning more about meditation, I'm reading a wonderful book Mediation Secrets For Women by Camille Maurine & Lorin Roche. Obviously it was written for women.

I don't have anything wonderful to write about food today. I took pumpkin muffins to church today. They were AMAZING! I was kind of sad that I took them all. I got the recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen website. If you haven't checked it out, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! I mean, here's the address: www.theppk.com Maybe tomorrow I'll start cooking real food again. Tonight we went to Wendy's. Seriously? Wendy's has some good things. I enjoy the Mandarin Chicken Salad w/the chicken in a separate container (my family eats it-if you're all veg*ns you could order w/o).

Today for lunch I had leftovers. I combined left over tofu scramble with left over tater tot casserole. It was REALLY good.

OK, I'm going to stop typing now.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment