Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Are you living intentionally?

I know, I normally only blog about vegan stuff and I do love all things vegan, but I just need to put this out there somewhere. I've been thinking today about how I want to change as a mom, a wife, a Christian, a person...and there is a theme that keeps coming up in my mind. I need to be intentional. I have a habit of going through the motions. Letting life lead me, versus me leading my life. I need to stop that. I need to think about what I'm doing. Where am I spending my time? What should I be doing that I'm not? How many brownies do I eat without thinking? So here's my question for you, if you lived intentionally, what would you change? How would your life be different? Your relationships? Your food choices? Your exercise habits?

Here's my answer (in short): If I was living intentionally, I would spend more quality time with my daughter and less time waiting for something interesting to pop up on Twitter. I would be aware of what I was putting in my body. I would stop eating because I was bored or angry. I would spend more time focusing on my husband's needs. I would spend more time focusing on my relationship with Christ. I would stop using the television as an escape from my life.

Think about what you'd change. Think about living intentionally for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 lifetime. We only get one chance at life. Let's be intentional about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment