Friday, October 16, 2009

"Cheezy" Risotto


Tonight for dinner we had Cheezy Risotto w/corn and Boca "Chicken" (well I had Boca the rest of the family had dead chicken chicken). The Risotto was really good. As normal, I don't have a real "recipe" just ingredients and approximations. We've made this a few times before and the last time we made it there wasn't enough so we made a TON. Here's what I've got.


Ingredients:

Risotto Rice (2 cups uncooked)
Water (6 ½ ish cups)
Veggie broth (if you want) (we used veggie bullion stuff-I know, not very specific, but I’m too tired to get up and look at what it’s called.)
Onion powder (to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Vegan Cream Cheese (this was new and I’m not sure that I loved it)
Nutritional Yeast (1/3 cup ish)

Method:
Cook the Risotto according to the package directions. When it’s almost finished, add the onion powder, garlic powder, nut. yeast, and salt. Simmer for a few minutes.
We normally add broccoli to this, but we were out. The only other green thing I had was spinach and hubby really doesn't like spinach. It was pretty good without veggies, but it’s much better when the broccoli (even hubby thought so).

No comments:

Post a Comment