Friday, January 15, 2010

Broccoli and Seitan Stir Fry

On Wednesday, my sweet meat eating hubby asked for Nutty Broccoli w/rice and Seitan! Score one for team vegan! Munchkin ate it too! It was very exciting! (as evidenced by the plethora of exclamations points!!)

I bought seitan, which was kind of strange because I normally make it myself, and it wasn't as good as what I make (maybe it was just that I wasn't used to it, but still, we like mine better...and it's cheaper to make it myself). Hubby and munchkin don't like their broccoli crunchy, they like it steamed to almost mush, so that's what I did. Then I added the seitan and the nutty broccoli sauce from How it all Vegan. I didn't measure things this time, I just used peanut butter, apple juice and soy sauce. I served it with organic brown rice cooked in organic veggie broth. It was delicious and healthy!

On a non-food note, let me take this moment to remind you to backup all the files on your computer. Buy an external hard drive, pay for a website to back it up for you, do something to back up your stuff. Our computer crashed 2 nights ago and we have a years worth of pictures (about 2,000 pics total) that aren't backed up anywhere! I was in a panic! Thankfully, our computer is now working and this weekend we're going to go buy an external hard drive.

Happy Eating (and computing)!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! How lucky are you that you didn't lose all of your photos! It's a *gentle* nudge for me to back mine up also!!

    Tahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was terrified!! I'm so glad I didn't lose them all. If the *gentle* nudge doesn't work to get you to back yours up, I'll push you. :)

    ReplyDelete