Tuesday, March 16, 2010

McDougall Plan

I just realized how long it has been since I blogged last! That's crazy. Feb. and March have been fun and kind of busy for me. Munchkin and I took my grandma to Florida and spent 2 weeks with her! It was a TON of fun and I even introduced my very meat eating grandma to some great vegan food! (She really enjoyed the seitan and the bean burritos I made) So I apologize for the huge lack of blogginess. :) I'll try to be better.

While I was in Florida I had a chance to put on a bathing suit (twice in the 13 days we were there) and I realized that it was frightening how fat I've gotten!! I stepped on a scale for the first time in months and the number I saw shocked me into action. I am 8 pounds lighter than my heaviest (which happened after I quit smoking while I was planning my wedding). I'm still not comfortable enough with my weight to be posting it on the web, but let's just say I'm officially "over weight" (by at least 20 pounds) and I want to lose 25-30. So, I have decided to follow the McDougall plan for Maximum weight loss. McDougall advocates a whole food plant based diet, so it's vegan and it's logically healthy. The focus is on whole starches (whole grains and starchy vegetables) with 1/2-1/3 of each meal coming from yellow and green veggies. Also included is 2-3 servings of fruit a day. There are some things that aren't permitted, such as oil, soy products and "fatty" proteins, like nuts. I'll post recipes that I create that are yummy and I might even share things to avoid. For more information on the McDougall plan, visit his website. www.drmcdougall.com There's a ton of information there and multiple vegan recipes that look amazing!!
I'll keep you posted on my progress (or lack there of) as well as how wonderfully delicious (or not) the foods are. :)

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment