Monday, October 18, 2010

My momma's chili

I've veganized my momma's chili, which doesn't seem like much, but I LOVED my mom's chili. Here's the closest I can get to a recipe.

Ingredients:
Gimme Lean Sausage style
Veggie crumbles (any brand works)
Tomato Juice (a big can, but you might need more depending on how soupy you like it)
Picante sauce (to taste)
Tomato soup condensed (one can)
Chili powder (to taste)
Spaghetti (as much or as little as you like)

Method:
Cook the "sausage" in a little bit of oil in a big pot.
When the sausage is cooked add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for a while (until the spaghetti is cooked).

Serve with cornbread.

I know everyone has different ideas of what goes in chili, but this is very similar to what my momma made when I was growing up...minus the actual death. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment