Friday, April 17, 2009

Yummy stir fry sauce

Here's my first recipe for my blog. It's my favorite. I make it at least once a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week!

Sauce:
5 medium cloves of garlic (to taste)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (can use red wine vinegar)
Something spicy - My favorite is chili garlic sauce, but you can use crushed red pepper, Mrs. Dash extra spicy, Tabasco - whatever you've got on hand (to taste)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Put everything in a small container that has a tight lid. Put the lid on and SHAKE! (My daughter really likes this part so I let her do it).

Pour the sauce on whatever veggies you're stir frying. I really like it with broccoli, onions, and mushrooms, but I'm sure it would be wonderful on others.

Serve with noodles or brown rice. I like to mix my noodles in with the veggies at the very end of cooking. You can sprinkle it with chopped peanuts or toasted sesame seeds. They're both good and they're completely different.

Oh, for you meat eaters (or vegans w/meat eating spouses) you can add chicken or whatever animals you want at the end.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment