Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Uh-oh what's for dinner TVP Sloppy Joes

So last night I needed something fast and easy for dinner. I looked around the kitchen and found a can of Manwhich, and TVP. Looked like the beginning of a meal to me. So here's the recipe that I created last night. It was good. My meat eater husband even liked it.

1 cup of TVP
1 cup of water
3/4 can of Manwich
approx 2 tablespoons ketchup
approx 1 teaspoon mustard
Tomato paste (if needed)
Spices to taste (I used garlic, dehydrated onion, and extra spicy Mrs. Dash)


Rehydrate the TVP according to the instructions on the bag. Add Manwich, ketchup, mustard, tomato paste and spices. I just keep adding things until it tastes right. If it's too spicy add brown sugar.

It was good and fast. I will make no claims that it was healthy, but it was good and fast. :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment