Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend of Baking

K spent the weekend with my parents so I took the opportunity to do a little bit of baking.  I made a dozen banana muffins, a loaf of banana bread and apple crisp.  It was all amazingly delicious!  
I had a whole bunch of bananas that really needed to make into banana bread so I used the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.  I used Ener-G egg replacer instead of eggs, but followed the rest of the recipe.  I made a triple recipe (I had a TON of very ripe bananas). 
 I also made apple crisp.  The recipe for this is also from Better Homes and Gardens.  Now is the perfect time to make Apple Crisp (or anything with apples).   
 Next time I make this, I'm gong to try to use dates instead of sugar.  I'll post the recipe if/when I get it.  I think we might need to finish what we have before I make any more.  

If you want either of the recipes just leave a comment with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Happy Fall and Happy Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment